Monday, August 20, 2012

Our preschooler

This week, I watched my little girl start preschool. I am totally amazed at how well she did! I'd like to think I know her pretty well, but she surprises even me sometimes. No tears. Nothing. I even peeked through the window after I left (yes, I was that creepy parent) and she was sitting correctly in the circle, singing "5 little monkeys" with the rest of the class. Such a proud mama moment! I guess she was just ready. Awww :(

She'll be there 2 days a week for a few hours at a time this year. And, thankfully, Nana Zielinski is the principal of the school where she's going, so we have an extra angel watching over her during the day.

I'm just really looking forward to watching her blossom over the next 9 months as she becomes this little independent gal. And, let's be honest, I'm looking forward to some mommy/drew time too. Win win!

No comments: